-->

Low-Carb Deconstructed Pizza Casserole

 I love the primary day of a different year, and that i apprehend that’s once several of you're beginning with a brand new or revived commitment to a lot of carb-conscious feeding. therefore in fact on it day i need to begin the year with a brand new low-carb formula on the journal. And since some individuals struggle with feeling underprivileged after they quit their carbs, if I will return up with a brand new formula which will be thought-about low-carb food, that actually makes Pine Tree State happy.

This year I had another formula in mind for Jan one, however once the concept for this Low-Carb Deconstructed pizza pie Casserole popped into my mind yesterday, I simply couldn’t wait to form it. Then once the casserole was cookery I couldn’t wait to eat it, and once i attempted it, I couldn’t wait to share the formula with you! I will already tell this can be reaching to be a repeater at my house, and that i promise it'll be successful with anyone WHO likes pizza pie.




Ingredients:
  • 1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes (do not use petite dice)
  • 5 links (19.5 oz.) uncooked turkey Italian sausage (I used my favorite turkey Italian sausage; use pork sausage if you prefer.)
  • 2 tsp. + 2 tsp. olive oil
  • 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
  • salt and fresh-ground pepper to taste (I didn’t use much salt.)
  • 8-12 oz. fresh mushrooms, washed and cut into thick slices (I used brown Cremini mushrooms.)
  • 1 1/2 cups grated Mozzarella cheese (I used part-skim mozzarella)
  • 15 slices pepperoni, cut in half (I used regular pepperoni, but for less fat you can use turkey pepperoni if you prefer)

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Spray an 8 inch x 11 inch glass casserole dish with non-stick spray or olive oil.
  2. Pour the diced tomatoes into a colander placed in the sink and rinse with cold water. Let tomatoes drain a minute or two, then spread them out on paper towels to dry (or blot dry with another paper towel on top.)
  3. While tomatoes dry, heat 2 tsp. olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan, squeeze the sausage out of the casing, and cook sausage over medium-high heat until it’s nicely browned, breaking it apart as it cooks. (I use an old-fashioned potato masher to break the sausage apart.)
 For full instruction please see : Low-Carb Deconstructed Pizza Casserole